Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Review: Atorrege AD + Acne Spots



Ok I've been waiting for a chance to do this review but I haven't actually had any breakouts thanks to steady hormone levels and good regular skincare. Then the occasional zit visited and I had to whip out my latest pimple-zapping procurement.

A red spot appeared on the right side of my nose last week. Underneath that, I could feel the beginnings of a zit - slightly hard, swollen, tender when pressed. This is a telltale sign I needed to incorporate my spot treatment into my skincare regime.

Most births are celebrated but not this baby

I've tried a few products before and found that I didn't like most of them for being either too harsh or too useless. I do stock a bottle of pure tea tree oil but it does take a few days to see any results.

If you haven't heard of this brand, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I hadn't either, until my itchy fingers brought me to some pretty good reviews about their products. I couldn't find much info about the brand and the company, but I shan't bore you with the details. I did like the fact that the products have naturally-derived active ingredients.

As for Acne Spots, the product comes in an amber glass bottle with a dropper. It's a gel base that is quite viscous but spreads well. One full drop is enough to dab on 2-3 spots for me. But because the gel doesn't really dry or get fully absorbed, I'm careful to press on my subsequent products rather than massaging them haphazardly like I usually do.

The consistency is similar to thin, runny mucus

And what a wonder it does. After 2 days of twice daily applications:

No photoshop required

Gone like wham, bam thank you ma'am! This red spot had no chance of festering into a fully bloomed painful whitehead in all its pus-filled glory. Ok that may be a little dramatic, but I really wouldn't want that to happen because it's very difficult to exercise self restrain when there's a big pimple screaming at you to burst it. And what comes after squeezing a zit? Yeap, immense satisfaction followed by a whole lot of guilt and 2 weeks of scarring. That was the whole point of spending money to avoid it in the first place.

Verdict: So Rave
I believe that effective products in general are worth the money, as long as it isn't overly ridiculous. This little glass bottle will set you back $59 for 10ml of product. But it is available at selected Watsons outlets and major department stores like BHG and Robinsons so it's worthwhile to make use of their incentive schemes to get it at a discount or even for "free".


No comments:

Post a Comment